Our first week settling into Reception has been a great success! We came into Mora eager and ready to learn. We have been super busy getting to know our new friends, classroom and teachers.
Bring on next week where we can really get stuck into our learning! We can’t wait to see what the year has in store for us!
- All children need a spare bag of (old) clothes on their peg.
- Please make sure all uniform and clothing is labelled.
- All children need a book bag so they can take a story book home to share with their family. It is important we establish this habit early so it is in place when your child starts bringing home guided reading books – exciting!
- Enjoy the story book your child has chosen and feel free to keep it for more than one day if it is a particularly good one. When your child is ready for a new book they must return the old one.
- Please talk to your child about what they have been learning about in school. The slideshow of pictures below could help spark an interesting conversation.
- We welcome donations of old recycled materials for the children to do ‘junk modelling’ with. This includes old (clean) cereal boxes, milk cartons, toilet roll tubes and any food packaging you may have. Please ensure none of these items have any traces of nuts. We have children in the setting who are allergic to nuts.
- We are a nut free school. Please ensure there are no nuts in your child’s packed lunch. This includes peanut butter sandwiches and pesto sauce.