Wow, what a week! Our first full week, attending full time in Reception! We have been embedding our new rules, routines and behaviours and have been extremely successful at it. This week, we made a class agreement and thought about what we need to do to make sure we get the most out of our learning and how to behave at school. Some of our ideas are as follows:
We use our manners.
We listen to each other.
We have kind hands, kind feet and use kind words.
We look after our classroom.
We are always ready to learn.
This term, our topic will be Well-being, Earth and Beyond. We talked about what we already know about space, in particular the sun, moon and stars – just like the class names in our Early Years Hub!
- All children need a spare bag of (old) clothes on their peg.
- All children need a book bag so they can take a story book home to share with their family. Please bring story books back to school the following day so the children can take a new one home. Or you can keep the same book for a few days if you are really enjoying it!
- Please make sure all uniform and clothing is labelled.
- Please talk to your child about what they have been learning about in school. The slideshow of pictures below could help spark an interesting conversation.
- We welcome donations of old recycled materials for the children to do ‘junk modelling’ with. This includes old (clean) cereal boxes, milk cartons, toilet roll tubes and any food packaging you may have. Please ensure none of these items have any traces of nuts. We have children in the setting who are allergic to nuts.
- We are a nut free school. Please ensure there are no nuts in your child’s packed lunch. This includes peanut butter sandwiches and pesto sauce.
- Next week, the children will be starting P.E. with Coach Ernest on Thursday. The children learn how to change independently for P.E. in stages. Firstly, we will be learning how to change our shoes independently so please ensure you child has suitable trainers or pumps in school.